Sunday used to be the most relaxing day of the week. Sleep in a little, read scriptures and other good books, eat a nice breakfast, go to church, rest and relax some more and head to bed early for the new week. I can't remember the last Sunday I had that was like that...or even remotely relaxing! This was our Sunday last week...and unfortunately this is more common than I would like.
2am: Brooke wakes up for some strange reason and won't go back to sleep until 4:30am
6am: Dallin wakes up and begs to watch a show...I agree, hoping to get a little more sleep.
6:10: Dallin comes in and need a pillow and blanket
6:20: Dallin needs a glass of milk
6:30: Dallin needs a snack.."Not breakfast, just a snack"
7am: Brooke is up again and super grouchy
**Doug gets up with Brooke and lets me sleep for an hour and a half
8:30: Doug is going crazy and hops back in bed, he sleeps for the next hour and a half while I try to entertain the kids.
10:00 Shower, gets the kids in the tub, and attempt to get ready
10:15 Naked kids running all through the house!
10:20 Brooke slips of course and the fun is over...Should have listened to mom and dad!
11:00 Now we frantically try to get ready for church because if we don't leave by 11:45 we will be late. This includes doing Brooke's hair...and then redoing her hair about 8 times before church. Dallin insisting on wearing his tie that broke the week before and I forgot to buy him new pants and now he looks like a total nerd.
Noon: We made it to church. I was called to be the Primary secretary today, but realized that no one in the presidency showed up and I was now in charge of conducting and doing sharing time for both Jr. and Sr. primary on my first day. It was wild!! But on the upside...Brooke is in nursery now and she loves it!!
4:00 Home from church. We make pancakes because we are way to tired for anything else.
***5pm: Doug falls asleep on the couch and by the time I come downstiars, Brooke has taken the syrup off the table and squeezed the entire bottle onto Doug's shirt, the couch, pillows, and floor! (I would have pictures, but Doug wasn't completely dressed). Our couch still smells like syrup and even though it ruined Doug's day I must admit that it was one of the best things I had seen in a long time.
We finished the evening with a walk and visit to see some friends and were thankful to see the clock strike 8pm!! I have never been so excited for a new week.
1 week ago
4 comments:
Everytime I think about Brooke dumping syrup all over doug it cracks me up. I laughed again pretty hard reading this. Love the new layout, and who in the heck is in your primary presidency. What were they thinking. Ha Ha. Thanks for taking over your great. Hopefully this sunday brings you new adventures, maybe a little more relaxing then the last.
Oh my! I agree Sundays with toddlers are not easy.
I have the same calling, and have no idea what I would have done if no one showed up and I had to take over on my first day. That's awful.
I often think that Sundays are the most tiring day of the week. Just church alone can leave me feeling like I ran a marathon!
I love the syrup part of your day. I am glad that things like that happen to other people too and not just me!
Again, laughing really hard. We miss you guys. Zack wanted to see Doug partially undressed.
Post a Comment