We have been in New Mexico for just over 2 weeks now and I never anticipated loving it this much. Doug and I are constatly asking each other, "What could be better than this?" The weather is absolutly perfect, the people are so nice, and Doug is done with school. I wake up every morning loving the house that we are renting. We have a fantastic backyard with a garden, fruit trees, and play equipment. Our neighbors are great and the ward has been so welcoming. There are 230 kids in primary, so my kids have plenty of kids to play with and we are looking forward to making some new friends. I think my favorite part of our neighborhood is that it is safe. I love living in a place where I can take morning & evening walks and not worry about a thing.
One of the best moments of last week was taking a morning walk and being surprised by such a beautiful view. When we moved here, we were worried that moving from the tropical climate of Florida to the dry desert would be a challange. Green was so important and I truely felt like it was a huge part of what I loved about Florida. I have now realized that the desert can be just as beautiful. I didn't realize how much I had missed the mountians and the wide open space. Every morning I take the kids on walks and we have seen so many hot air balloons. New Mexico is so different from Florida, but we are already falling in love with it.
4 days ago
3 comments:
Jen, I'm so glad you guys are loving it and so fast. It has taken me a little while to get adjusted, but I think I am okay living here in AZ. Glad to hear you are doing well.
We are so excited that you guys are doing so great and loving it!!
so glad you are loving where you are at. it is wonderful that school is over.
Post a Comment