Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday Morning Surprise

This morning at around 8am Dallin came running in from the backyard.  He said that I had to hurry outside and see something.  Lately everytime I hear those words I come out to see yet another rollee-pollee (I didn't realize until we moved here that my kids had never seen those...they love collecting them).  When I came out this time, this is what I saw...


...and it looked so much bigger than this in person!!  I was shocked.  I told the kids to hurry and get dressed (yes...I let them play outside in there PJ's or even underware) and we ran down the street.  It had already landed by the time we got to it and was sitting on the street next to our house!  The kids had fun watching them collapse it and roll it up.  After watching for a few minutes, Dallin said, "So all I have to do is find a basket that I fit in and you can help me get it up in the sky?"  Not quite buddy.  What a great morning!





4 comments:

cambersue said...

sooo cool. I have always wanted to take a hot balloon ride, You should do it! Hope you guys are doing well, we haven't had internet so we haven't kept in touch very well. How's the job? How's the house? etc....sorry we didnt' get to hang out a whole lot before you left. My phone drowned before I got your messages about when you were leaving and i felt bad i didn't get to say goodbye or help you guys. Thanks for being such a sweet friend. oh, and thanks for being so nice to pres:)

maggi said...

Riding in a hot air balloon is amazing. You will have to give it a try sometime.

Jenn said...

What a fun surprise. We are coming down for the balloon festival and I can hardly wait. I know the kids are going to love it!

Russ, Julie, and Kids said...

That's so close! I'm so glad we'll get to enjoy balloon fiesta week together this year! So fun!