Monday, November 8, 2010

Balloon Fiesta 2010!

 Doug and I have been looking forward to Balloon Fiesta week since we arrived in Albuquerque.  We were not disappointed at all!  I think Doug was a little worried about us all leaving the house by 5:30 am, but we made it and loved every minute of the excitement.  It felt like Christmas...the entire town has a different feel during this time of year.  It was great!!  I think Doug took hundreds of pictures and video clips, but was never satisfied.  You really do have to be in the middle of the action to see how incredible it really is.  The kids loved it and we were able to indulge in a famous New Mexico green chili breakfast burrito.  It was a great morning and one that we look forward to repeating every year.








 Brooke's favorite Balloon was the flying pink pig!

 Dallin changed his mind several times, but finally decided that this Jack in the Box or what he called Pinocchio was his favorite.




Later in the week Amanda came out with Colby to visit.  I was hoping to feel better by the time she arrived, but the beginning of this pregnancy has really done me in.  Because I wasn't feeling great we ended up missing a lot of events that we planned to attend, but we chased down some fun balloons.  The kids favorite was the joker that landed in the middle of a kids football game.  They paused long enough to help pull the balloon to the other side of the field so they could continue their game.  We loved having Amanda visit and the kids are so excited to see Colby at Christmas...walking this time!!












This was another one of Dallin's favorites.  The scary pumpkin balloon as he called it.

3 comments:

Effie said...

My favorite's the turkey. I wish we could've been there. It looks awesome.

Janeen said...

That looks amazing! Congrats!! I'm way excited for you guys. Sorry you're not feeling well:(. Call me when you get a chance.

cambersue said...

That has to be one of the coolest things ever. I would absolutely love to see it! I hope you guys are doign well, and loving where you are. I think about you all the time and hope you're having fun in the "REAL" world.