Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kaitlyn Elizabeth Chisholm

On April 7th we headed into the hospital to have this little girl.  Doug and I arrived at the hospital at about 7am and for some reason expected a quick delivery.  She decided to take her sweet time and wasn't born until 9:15 that evening.  Kaitlyn was 6lbs 14oz and 20 inches long (my biggest baby).  Her delivery was similar to Dallin's, so I will have a lot of recovering to do.  We are so thankful for this little girl and happy to have a healthy baby.  Dallin leaned over to me this morning and said while looking at Kaitlyn, "It's fun having a baby isn't it?"  It really is and we have enjoyed her so much.  The kids both love to hold her the only difference is my trust level with each.  Dallin I can completely trust.  Every time I turn around Brooke is trying to pick Kaitlyn up or is hugging a little to tight or giving her kisses all over her tiny face.  She loves her a bit too much at times.  In fact this morning Brooke asked me if she could hold her, but not the normal way...on her back! 

She looks a lot like Brooke...definitely a Chisholm.













We survived the first week thanks to Grandma.




I wasn't expecting her to enjoy her first bath, but she loved it.  At one point I thought she was going to fall asleep she looked so relaxed.



Dallin thinks that he is an expert on babies and we have laughed over many of the conversations that we have overheard between Dallin and Brooke.  This new baby is fun, but a little confusing at times.

Dallin: "Brooke, just make sure you don't touch the babies eyes.  They pop out real easy."

During my pregnancy I was sitting at the table with the kids.  We each had a cookie and I said, "Wow...the baby sure likes these cookies, she's moving everywhere."  Brooke: "Oh, she gets the crumbs of your cookie?"  Dallin: "No, she has a really long tongue!"

Dallin came in while I was feeding the baby and as I attempted to cover up a bit he said, "Oh, so that's how the baby eats now?  She just bites your stomach and sucks out some of your food?"  And the terrible mom that I am just nodded my head and sent him on his way.

Brooke: "Dallin told me that he knows a secret way to talk to babies.  I tried it, but it didn't work.  He says 'goo goo ga ga'."

Dallin to his cousin Mason:  "Our baby has long legs.  They are 10 inches."

Dallin: "Brooke, didn't you know babies don't have brains."

Dallin and Brooke were both upset that I wasn't going to church on Sunday.  I tried to explain that the baby was only born a few days before and I didn't want her to get sick.  I said that Moms usually stay home for the first few weeks. I thought he got it, but then he said, "Yeah, I get it mom...you just don't want her to get stage fright."

Love these kids!!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the precious little girl! She is adorable and your kids are so creative and hilarious...can't wait til Elle and Grayson "inform" each other of so much :)

birds do it better... said...

Love her. I can't wait to see little Katy-did on mothers day!! And the kids comments are one of my favorite things in the whole world. They better be on stage, cracking me up when I'm there!

Gale Family said...

Okay so I can't stop laughing at all the comments from your kids. They are the cutest things. I always loved the things Dallin would come up with. Jen she is adorable. Congrats! We are coming to ABQ the first weekend in May...can we come see you guys? I want to hold her.

kylee said...

Your kids are so funny. I love all the things they say and that you record it. I need to do better at that. And little Kaitlyn is adorable but did we expect anything less? :) Glad everything is going good. And I'm glad you got my text and not some random person! Take care!
Oh and P.S. that's not fair if Angie gets to see Kaitlyn before me!.... ;)

Effie said...

love the commentary from the kiddos. Good job for always recording those things! We can't wait to meet her!

Angela said...

Congratulations Jen! I wish we were there to meet her, she is so adorable! We'll just have to come back. I hope you have a quick recovery and are doing well!
I love the Brooke and Dallin comments-hilarious. You have the sweetest family!

Kurt And Amanda said...

Congrats on the little one. She is so cute! Can't wait to meet her. Dallin and Brooke crack me up! Thanks for sharing their funny comments. Makes us laugh. Hope all is going well. Love you.

Nicole said...

Congratulations. My four year old girl is exactly the same with our new baby boy. She mothers him all the time and never gets tired of him. I worry that she is too rough like she thinks he's a doll or something. Good luck with everything.

Louis and Alice said...

Congratulations again on your new little angel, Kaitlyn! I am only days away from meeting my newest addition and can't wait! I am praying for a quick recovery for you! Take care of yourself and your beautiful fam! Miss you guys!

maggi said...

What great pics of the newest lil Chisholm! How adorable! You guys did gooooood! Can't wait to see her. Wish I was comin next week, but you girls have fun. See you in June for more pics!

Sarah said...

Ahhhh! Congrats you amazing people! She is beautiful and she shares a birthday with Paul! Best day ever! I am so happy to see your sweet family doing so well- miss you guys!

Janeen said...

Congrats, she looks beautiful!! Hope the recovery is going well. You're kids sound so adorable.

Danica said...

Oh my goodness, she is soooo cute and I am dying at your cute kids' cleverness. Miss you guys!

Isom Family said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is so adorable. It's so funny to read how your older kids react to a new little one. I'm excited/anxious to see how Kristin reacts when her little brother gets here. :)
I hope you are all doing well and loving life with the newest member of your family!

cambersue said...

CONGRATS!! what a sweet little face, hope your recovery goes quickly:)